Designing a Professional Learning System
“This professional development is highly engaging. The facilitators instilled a level of trust that freed our team to learn and grow. Our team experienced the kind of deep learning we want to elicit in our students and engaged in design-based planning, resulting in great outcomes for our students and a sense of purpose and professional fulfillment in the educators who serve them.”
— Mary Alice McClean, Superintendent, RSU 71
“Having the opportunity to work hard and laugh is a gift.”
— A Principal
This two-day Design Institute guides district and school leaders to become designers of a professional learning system to serve their student goals and professional culture goals.
- Grounds leaders in shared background knowledge
- Provides concrete tools and strategies for fostering a professional learning culture, collaborating effectively, and designing school structures intentionally
- Uses design methodology to create a generative, collaborative and application-based experience for leaders
The Design Institute helps you
- Use your existing resources to jumpstart a professional culture of learning and innovating
- Create more coherence between your big vision & goals, and the daily work of your team
- Grow your instructional leadership
This Design Institute works well when district and school leaders have articulated a clear vision, long-range goals, and instructional priorities.
We can provide follow-up coaching for leaders post-institute, to support their work and learning as they launch their designs.